Migration Journeys on Paper: Sketching Life’s Autumn #4Regular price£242.00 Sale price
Pickup currently unavailable
- Original, one-of-a-kind abstract art on highest quality fine art paper, framed.
- Dimensions of the painting: 21x29cm
- Framed size: 30 x 40 cm
- Medium: acrylic on paper
- Ready to hang: yes
- Frame: fiberboard natural birch wood effect with acrylic glass
- Signature: front and verso, also signed certificate
- Year: 2023
- Finish: glossy varnish with UV protection
- Shipping: in a cardboard box
- Delivery time: 3 – 10 working days (depending on size, customs formalities etc.)
- Other: Perfect to mix it with other works from the series to pairs and groups, find an example in the additional pictures (the offer is only for one work). Please contact me if buying more than one so a discount can be provided for multi-buy
THIS PAINTING IS PART OF THE SERIES MIGRATION TALES, HERE'S ITS STORY:
This painting is part of a little series inspired by a picture of an Italian immigrant to Brazil. These studies carry a subtle undercurrent of migration, not necessarily in the literal sense, but touching on the metaphorical journey people undertake as they navigate the seasons of life, and about movement, about journeys. These are done on simple paper, reflecting upon the adventurous beginnings of immigrants, who, upon arriving on Brazilian land, often didn’t know how to write their names on paper. ‘To have papers’ also symbolise a settled status, a home. You see, the concept of ‘home’ is very elusive. Where is home? Where you come from or where you are? As I wonder about my own journey I tap into the history of this anonymous, tired lady who perhaps led to a generation of a better-off Brazilians. I pay my homage to her and look within myself to honour her sweat and courage, filling up some papers with seemingly chaotic revolving lines and saying: you’ve arrived.
SHIPPING AND RETURNS:
Free worldwide shipping framed with fiberboard birch effect minimalist high quality frame, ready to hang. Ships in a box professionally packed.
Free returns within 10 days of purchase, see T&C for further information.
Don’t take our word for it - find out why artists and customers use SOTA below.
“We were looking to re-decorate our kitchen and were recommended SOTA by a friend and it was brilliant. We bought three pieces and will definitely be using the site again.”Elizabeth, Customer
“SOTA is a great platform for selling your work. I have sold a collection of fine art prints, and this would never have happened without SOTA since it reaches so many potential buyers. I can’t recommend it highly enough.”Polly, Artist
“As an emerging artist, SOTA is a fantastic community to be a part of. The people behind SOTA are genuinely supportive and actively involved in promoting your work.”Carmen, Artist
“The speed of delivery, quality of packaging and service were all excellent. The paintings themselves even better in real life.”Steve, Customer
“The options on SOTA.. are almost growing as quickly as the business itself.”Great British Entrepreneur Awards